Welcome to the 34th season of Odyssey of the Mind in Colorado! Becoming an Odyssey of the Mind Coach will probably be one of the most rewarding volunteer roles you will ever have. In the end, you will absolutely be amazed by what the kids have created and solved completely on their own…but they could not have done it without you as their coach!
- You will have the opportunity to work with a team of 7 kids to facilitate creative problem solving, team building and brainstorming.
- You do not need to be an expert in a particular area, you just need to have a passion to see kids grow and learn.
- We will provide trainings, mentorship and a good ear for listening throughout the season.
- One coach from each team is required to attend a half day classroom experiential training. Co-coaches or assistant coaches are welcome to attend as well. If you have attended training the last 4 years, please contact Calla Pott at email@example.com
- There is an additional $50 team registration if none of the team’s coaches attended training. I want to assure you we do not want to assess fees, but we need to be fair to those team’s whose coach did attend training and provide equal support to all coaches. As an all volunteer program, we also want to be respectful of those who are volunteering their time to provide training.
- You will choose either a morning or an afternoon classroom session depending on the date/location of your choice
- In addition, coaches who have never attended training are required to choose from one of two webinars to attend the week prior. It is imperative that you participate in the webinar so you have a solid foundation before attending the classroom session. This allows your classroom experience to be a hands on training
The goal of the webinar and half day classroom session is to reduce the number of participants per session which will provide for a better ratio of participants to trainers, reduce the time away from personal obligations the day of training and provide a choice of webinar dates/times that fits best with your schedule.
Please fill out the form below to register and there is no cost to attend coaches training. If you have never attended coaches training, please select “None” as your experience level to ensure you receive the link to register for the GoTo Webinar. All webinars are 6:30-8:30 pm. Once you have completed the registration, you will receive an email confirmation.