Welcome to the 36th season of Odyssey of the Mind in Colorado! Becoming an Odyssey of the Mind Coach will probably be one of the most rewarding volunteer roles you will ever have. In the end, you will absolutely be amazed by what the kids have created and solved completely on their own…but they could not have done it without you as their coach!
- You will have the opportunity to work with a team of 7 kids to facilitate creative problem solving, team building and brainstorming.
- You do not need to be an expert in a particular area, you just need to have a passion to see kids grow and learn.
- We will provide trainings, mentorship and a good ear for listening throughout the season.
- One coach from each team is required to attend a half day classroom experiential training. Co-coaches or assistant coaches are welcome to attend as well. If you have attended training the last 4 years, please contact Calla Pott at email@example.com
- There is an additional $50 team registration if none of the team’s coaches attended training. I want to assure you we do not want to assess fees, but we need to be fair to those team’s whose coach did attend training and provide equal support to all coaches. As an all volunteer program, we also want to be respectful of those who are volunteering their time to provide training.
- You will choose either a morning or an afternoon classroom session depending on the date/location of your choice
First Year Coaches or Coaches Who Have Not Attended Training Previously
- In addition, 1st year coaches will take part in an online self paced learning environment at their convenience and a live webinar.
- It is important that coaches review the online material and take the checkpoints prior to the webinar.
- 1st year coaches will also attend a 1- hour webinar the week prior to the classroom training.
- It is imperative that you participate in the webinar so you have a solid foundation before attending the classroom session. This allows your classroom experience to be an interactive experience.
- You will receive information about accessing the online self paced learning environment and the webinar after you submit your coaches training registration.
Complete the form below to register and there is no cost to attend coaches training. If you have never attended coaches training, please select “None” as your experience level to ensure you receive the link to the online self paced learning environment and the webinar. All webinars are 7:00-8:00 pm. Once you have completed the registration, you will receive an email confirmation.