We know kids benefit more from this program when conducted in person. While we creatively problem solved a virtual season for 2020, it is not a long term solution. Our goal this year is to safely return to in person events so kids can experience some sort of normalcy after a year and a half of being resilient learners. Safety is our number one concern and we want to ensure we do our part to prevent the spread of this virus. Therefore and until the Level of Community Transmission decreases, we will have the following standards for in person events:
- Adhere to your local school district policies
- Participants who are eligible for the vaccine must be vaccinated for the COVID virus OR have a negative COVID test in the last 72 hours
- Participants will wear masks over their mouth and nose at all times
- Participants will social distance whenever possible
- Areas, surfaces and materials will be sanitized before and after use
- If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID 19 (or any infectious disease), do not participate till you are symptom free for 24 hours.
Hopefully these preventive measures will be short-lived. These policies will be on the honor system and if a case is traced back to an in person Odyssey of the Mind event, we will be requesting documentation and assisting with any contact tracing. We all want to return to normal and we appreciate our coaches, team members, and volunteers being part of the solution.